We had some bagels that were going stale, along with strawberry cream cheese I wanted to use up, so I combined a few general recipes I found to make the following. Saving it here in case I want to make it again some day!
Ingredients:
- 6 bagels
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese, room temperature
Instructions:
Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cut the bagels into bite-sized pieces and place half of them in the baking dish.
Take small spoonfuls of the strawberry cream cheese and spread them out over the bagel pieces in the baking dish. Then spread the rest of the bagel pieces over the cream cheese layer.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pour the mixture over the bagels and press down gently to soak all of the pieces. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes until the custard is set in the middle.
The two recipes that helped me to come up with this one were
https://thisdelicioushouse.com/overnight-bagel-french-toast/#recipe
https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/baked-cream-cheese-french-toast-casserole/
No comments:
Post a Comment