Friday, April 22, 2011

Andy Husbands Hot Blackberries and Cream

I LOVE this recipe.  Found it on Food.com.  You can make it as specified for a delicious dessert, or I actually made it with a lot less sugar and topped German pancakes with it for breakfast.  One of the best breakfasts of my life. :)

Ingredients

o 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature (I used light sour cream and it was delicious)
o 1 finely grated limes, zest of
o 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
o 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
o 1 pint fresh blackberries, washed and well drained
o 1/2 cup brown sugar (I have used less than this both times I've made it, one of the times much less and it was still great!)

Directions

1. Move broiler rack to lowest possible position, at least 6 inches from the top element, and turn on oven broiler.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, lime zest, sugar, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blackberries, and transfer to small gratin dish. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Broil until the brown sugar melts and darkens, 1 to 3 minutes, rotating the dish halfway through so it browns evenly but does not burn. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica made this for me, and I have been so excited to make it for my family, which I will Easter morning

    ReplyDelete