Friday, December 15, 2023

Banana Bread

This is Flour Bakery's banana bread recipe from the Food Network. Whenever I have bananas that are getting old I put them in the freezer, then when it is Christmas time I pull them all out and thaw them to use in large batches of mini banana bread loaves to make for neighbor gifts, and this is the recipe I use. When I make the large batches I can fit 4 times the single recipe in my Bosch, so will add those measurements for multiplying the recipe by 4 in red to make it easier for me or anyone else who wants to make a large batch in the future! 

Flour's Famous Banana Bread

Ingredients:

  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (6 2/3 cups or 1 1b. 13.4 oz)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda (4 tsp.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1 Tsp.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (2 tsp.)
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (4.5 cups)
  • 2 eggs (8 eggs)
  • 1/2 cup oil (2 cups)
  • 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed (14 mashed bananas)
  • 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream (1/2 cup)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (4 tsp)
  • 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional- I exclude)

Instructions:

Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper. 

Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Note: I bake mine at 325. I often am baking in mini loaf pans so for shorter time. I just keep an eye on it and haven't tracked how long it takes for those small pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment