Saturday, June 20, 2015

Breakfast Pizza

Breakfast Pizza

Recently we have had a lot more homemade pizza family nights.  Occasionally there is pizza dough left over, or I might plan for extra dough and refrigerate it for a breakfast pizza the next morning. By, the way, I have decided that I prefer pizza dough that has aged a little in the fridge.  I found this recipe online, but I have never made it exactly like this.  I use whatever toppings I am in the mood for.  I love sauted mushrooms, green onions, and cooked bacon.  Jake and I like spicy food, so we like adding jalapenos on top too.

Pizza dough (I used Andrea's recipe)
2-3 eggs
1/4 C milk
6 oz shredded yellow cheddar cheese
6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (or generally, whatever cheese you have on hand)
3 oz deli ham, sliced into strips
3 oz cooked bacon, crumbled
5 breakfast sausage links, chunked
1/4 minced, sauted onion (optional)

Directions
This recipe is quicker if you precook your bacon and sausage the night before and store them in the refrigerator. This is super easy to do if you have had a family pizza night the evening before.

Preheat your oven to 400.  Roll out your dough onto a pizza pan.  Excluding about 1 1/2 inches of the outer crust, make little indentations with your fingertips int eh dough to help the egg settle and cook more evenly.

Beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the center of the crust.  Use your fingers or a pastry brush to disperse the egg.

Evenly cover the egg with strips of ham.  Scatter sausages and onion.  Salt and pepper it lightly.

Add a blanket of mozzarella cheese, then the cheddar.  Sprinkle crumbled bacon.

Put the pizza in the oven on the center rack and check it after 15 minutes.  The egg layer is thin and cooks quickly, so watch the crust and take the pizza out when the crust is how you like it.  Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment