Thursday, November 25, 2010

Karla's Green Beans with Craisins and Almonds

This is the green bean recipe that Karla made at the beach this last year, and is one of the few canned green bean recipes I really like.  I know some of you felt the same way, so decided to post the recipe! 

I warn you that she said she doesn't really have a recipe, she just adds everything to look or to taste, but the following were her estimates if making it for about 20-25 people:
1 #10 (Costco-sized) cans of regular cut green beans
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup slivered almonds
A little less than 1/2 cup bacon bits (the kind you can get in bags from Costco)
garlic salt

Cut the butter into smaller pieces, and drain the green beans.  Put everything in a pot on the stove, and cook until the butter is melted and everything is warm.  Adjust ingredients as you like, and add garlic salt to taste.

1 comment:

  1. I tried making this for myself for the first time today, and it truly was surprisingly good! (I say surprising, as I don't usually like canned green beans but I like these!) Had just this for dinner, and it satisfied my veggie craving.

    ReplyDelete