Monday, July 19, 2010

Delicious Four Cheese and Tomato Pizza

So Good! And you can create so many yummy variations of this pizza changing toppings, cheeses, sauces, etc. I've included some of the things I have tried with it and loved below.

Yields: 2 12 inch pizzas
Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
8 roma tomatoes, sliced (I used a little less and sliced them pretty thinly)
2 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crusts (or your own)
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounces shredded fontina cheese
10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
  1. Stir together olive oil, garlic and salt; toss with tomatoes, and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with mozzarella and fontina cheeses. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with shredded basil, parmesan, and feta cheese.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Variations: I have made a couple additions in the past that are also delicious. When we have had spinach I saute the spinach in a little olive oil and garlic and add that between the cheese layers. I've also added cappers to the toppings. Also, I have brushed pesto sauce on the crust as the base rather than the olive oil marinade, although I think I still like the marinade version a little better. And you can obviously change up the cheeses and their amounts depending on what is cheaper, what you have, and what you like. I don't think we've used the fontina because it was more expensive, and it still has been delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment