Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries With Rosemary and Parmesean


This is one of my favorite things to make for a warm lunch. Sometimes sandwiches just get old, y'know? I also love it as a side for barbecues, rather than regular fries. Our guests have also given rave reviews. I took the recipe and the photo from Skinny Chef. Do I need to worry about copyright issues?

Ingredients

2 large sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika (I don't bother measuring the seasonings, I just sprinkle them)
Non-fat cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 400° F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

Slice the sweet potatoes into long matchsticks about 1/4-inch in thickness. Spread out the fries in one even layer on the cookie sheet, so they are not touching, (otherwise they will become soggy). Drizzle with olive oil and mix so that they are all coated. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until the fries are golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Sprinkle with Parmesan, rosemary, black pepper, and paprika. Bake an additional 5 minutes until the rosemary becomes fragrant. Season with additional salt if needed and serve immediately.


6 comments:

  1. Ooo, I'm way excited to try this. Especially since I just picked up a little rosemary plant to put out on my balcony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you've been keeping this recipe from me. These look heavenly. Will try asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I know what you mean about the copyright issues... all of mine are from some website or another, mostly recipezaar... hopefully we don't get in trouble for it. If you think we will let us know and we can take them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made last night and loved it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these tonight with our bbq. So yummy. I love sweet potato, and it was my first time making fries. Thanks Shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, these are heavenly! Best fries I've ever eaten. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete