Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

You cannot mess this recipe up. I make it all the time and leave something out or add something extra. Here's the basics:

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 cups chicken broth
1 can stewed tomatoes
enough Cream of Mushroom soup to make the broth the consistency of medium/thin gravy
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 heaping teaspoon cumin
salsa to taste
cilantro to taste
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar (left out and it's still tasty)
2 cups cooked chopped chicken or turkey
1 can drained corn (not in the recipe, but I always add it)

Mix all the above. Heat. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.


Here's some add-on's if you have them:
avocado
rice left over from last nights dinner
beans


Oh, by the way, I got this recipe from mom while looking for cheap meals. I don't really remember growing up with it though, but it's a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. I have made a lot of taco soups and chicken tortilla soups, but I made this one tonight, and it is my new favorite. Maybe it is because I have never used cream of mushroom soup before. Thanks Beans and mom.

    ReplyDelete